Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati
The beautiful barn at 6980 Cambridge Avenue has had many uses since it was erected in 1924. Originally the West wing was used for milking, and the cottage was used for retail sales. The stalls in the East wing housed mules used for the heavy hauling. The Barn was designed with identical arched openings facing North and South. A wagon load of hay or seed could be driven through the barn, and hoisted through the opening of the mow for overhead storage.
Today many of the original features are still in place. The copper weathervane is a profile of a woman shooing chickens. Kick boards and a watering trough are still attached where horses and mules were cared for. Stylish cupolas adorn the roofline. The former stall openings are simulated, and the front archway adorns our new entrance. The inside of the barn has been rehabbed into classrooms, studio spaces and a state-of-the-art gallery.