Welcome the website of:
The Woman's Art Club Cultural Center (The Barn)
The Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati (The Club)
The Club was founded in 1892 by 19 women artists, in response to the Cincinnati Art Club’s refusal to accept female members. Today The Club is more than 250 women strong and is the oldest Woman’s Art Club operating without interruption in the United States. A bit of history: In 1992, our centennial year, The Club moved to its first permanent address at the Pendleton Art Center.
Then, in 2006, in order to raise funds to restore the Resthaven Barn in Mariemont as a Cultural Center, The Club created the Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati Foundation (The Foundation). The Barn currently provides space for art instruction, art exhibits, artists’ studios, meetings and events. The Barn continues to be maintained and operated by The Foundation as a State of Ohio Cultural Facility serving men, women, and children of the Greater Cincinnati Area.